:: Re: [DNG] apulse in experimental
Author: ael
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] apulse in experimental
On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 09:28:34AM +1000, Royal Ozma of Oz wrote:
> I think that there is a workaround for mplayer to force it to use ALSA:
>
> It can be made by adding the file "~/.mplayer/config" with these lines:
>
> # Write your default config options here!
> ao="alsa"
> softvol="true"
> volume="15"

> > >    deb http://packages.devuan.org/devuan/ experimental main
> > Good, but has anything been done to make it compatible with mpv,
> > mplayer (etc)? They seem to dynamically link to libpulse-simple.so
> > which results in a disasterous degradation in performance rendering them
> > pretty much useless.

I really should have checked that, but the man pages for mplayer & mpv
are so long, I fear that I have never managed to get through
everything :-) It looks as if mpv has similar options.

Thanks for finding this.

But I do wonder whether there are other programs that will seek
some pulseaudio libary before alsa without such overrides, in which
case there might be problems.

ael