:: Re: [DNG] apulse in experimental
Author: Royal Ozma of Oz
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] apulse in experimental
I think that there is a workaround for mplayer to force it to use ALSA:

It can be made by adding the file "~/.mplayer/config" with these lines:

# Write your default config options here!
ao="alsa"
softvol="true"
volume="15"

The final two lines are optional, but should be considered to prevent
mplayer from maxing out the hardware volume controls & blasting the
headphones.
Now, need someone to port bluetooth-alsa on the recent bluez to work
without needing pulseaudio or buying a suitable third party USB dongle.