:: Re: [DNG] Fwd: init system agnostic…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Steve Litt
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Fwd: init system agnosticism [WAS: how to remove libsystemd0 from a live-running debian desktop system]
On Wed, 12 Apr 2017 08:29:00 +0100
KatolaZ <katolaz@???> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 08:41:23AM +0200, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT
> consult wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >

> > FYI: just posted that to debian-devel.
> > What's your opponion on that ?
> >

> "...They have taken the bridge and the second hall.

I have no knowledge of the origin of this thread, probably having to do
with my .procmailrc /dev/nulling certain people. But I have a very
clear message about this thread's subject: There's no place in Devuan
for init system agnosticism if such agnosticism includes a tolerance
for systemd.

Once installed, systemd makes it 50 times harder to install other
inits. And even though there may currently be Debian
package-manager-foo that can do it, there's never a guarantee that will
survive.

Systemd actively sabotages the ability to replace it, whereas no
other inits do that (that I know of). It would be stupid of Devuan to
allow systemd into their software.

SteveT

Steve Litt
April 2017 featured book: Troubleshooting Techniques
     of the Successful Technologist