:: Re: [DNG] problem at talk.devuan.or…
Author: KatolaZ
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] problem at talk.devuan.org?
On Wed, Apr 05, 2017 at 10:37:34AM +0200, Florian Zieboll wrote:

[cut]

> It would be great to have the PGP-signed fingerprints of any used
> certificate published at "status.devuan.org" or so.
>
> BTW, status.devuan.org has a certificate issue as well.

Florian, certificates are based on FQDNs, as you know. Now it happens
that *.devuan.org points to the same webserver where www.devuan.org is
hosted (with a few notable exceptions), and you can't have a
certificate for any possible FQDN that matches *.devuan.org. Or
better, you can, but it would not be that useful in the end, IMHO.

Hence, if you type crap.devuan.org in your browser, you will get a
certificate problem. Same with bonkers.devuan.org. Same with
abcdefg.devuan.org. Same with this.is.not.a.joke.devuan.org....

I agree that it would be good to have a place (it could be even
something like status.devuan.org) where the latest available
certificate for each website in the devuan.org infrastructure are
published.

HND

KatolaZ