:: Re: [DNG] We need to speak up
Top Pagina
Auteur: Patrick Meade
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] We need to speak up

On 03/14/2017 08:37 PM, Steve Litt wrote:
> We have our quiet sans-systemd corners, and right now they're
> comfortable, but remember that the Freedesktop/Redhat/SystemdCabal
> consortium has the goal of eliminating systemd as a choice, and they
> still have the power to take our init systems away from us, as a
> practical matter, so we still need to tell the truth to bullshit like
> that on the Debian-User list right now. Obviously there's a technical
> component to software choice, but forget at your peril that there's
> also a political component.

To paraphase: The more Debian tightens its grip on systemd, the more
users will slip through their fingers.

Those users just need to know where to go. A simple informative post (a
sign post) to the thread will accomplish that.

"Devuan (https://devuan.org/) is a fork of Debian that removes hard
dependencies on init systems, ensuring the user is always free to choose
the one they want. If this sounds like what you want, please stop by and
introduce yourself."

We'll be happy to take the init freedom refugees, and Debian will be
glad to be rid of the anti-systemd whiners they don't want to serve.
It's always nice when things work out win-win like this.

Patrick