:: Re: [DNG] DocSprint Devuan, Decembe…
Author: Didier Kryn
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] DocSprint Devuan, December, BXL
Le 20/12/2016 15:05, hellekin a écrit :
> On 12/06/2016 01:13 PM, hellekin wrote:
>> On 11/15/2016 08:43 AM, hellekin wrote:
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> for the third moment of its research-action vector on SMALL
>>> SINGULARITIES, Dyne:β×λ is organizing a documentation sprint for Devuan
>>> in December in Brussels.
>>>
>>> https://bxl.dyne.org/vectors/small-singularities
>>>
>>> This docsprint aims to produce an introductory booklet for Devuan users
>>> and the community, in English and hopefully other languages (e.g., French).
>>>
> Got news from the printer's: the books are being finalized and packaged,
> so everything is on time! I'll post a picture as soon as I can.
>
>> to bring copies to the public event that is scheduled for
>> Wednesday, December 21st, 2016, from 16:00 to 19:00 at WTC Brussels in
>> partnership with F/LAT. (More on this later).
>>
> We made a an invitation to the event on the Dyne:β×λ list, with a small
> change: it will start an hour earlier, and will be followed in the
> evening by a Solstice party in the Jardins Navez where we started our
> research-action vector on Small Singularities 3 months ago: that's a
> nice circle closing.
>
>> Information and updates at http://bxl.dyne.org/moments/three
>>
> For those who missed it: everything not in this message was put online
> there...
>
> Here's a bit more practical information about the docsprint. A
> dedicated team of volunteers who participated in
> https://talk.devuan.org/c/devuan/doc-wg made quite some progress on some
> aspects of the issue #143. As we were unable to bring people together
> physically since our budget was canceled, it's quite an achievement.
> Online coordination proved much slower, but as people picked up the
> tasks, they could get acquainted with the power of the platform to turn
> conversation into drafts and finally into shareable content.
>
> The first page that went online was an update of the list of Devuan
> blends (derivative works) at
> https://devuan.org/os/partners/devuan-distros, thanks to the fantastic
> work of Dev1fanboy (all times favorite Devuan cybrarian) and the people
> who made these distributions possible (special thanks to fsmithred for
> Refracta!)
>
> We decided that "How to become a Devuan maintainer?" was a wrong
> question (Centurion_Dan suggested that an action was more appropriate
> than a role) and so Dan and Dev1fanboy (again) worked on clarifying the
> processes of "How to Package for Devuan", which will appear shortly on
> the site. We hope this will start a new influx of contributors who will
> feel welcome to participate in Devuan without having to wait anymore for
> some authority to be bestowed on them :)
>
> One of my personal objectives for this docsprint was to revamp the
> Continuous Integration schema that illustrates how the development
> platform integrates Gitlab, Jenkins, and Amprolla. Doing so was much
> fun, and with the help of Centurion_Dan I think the result is one of the
> [...]

     Dear Hellekin,

     The work done is impressive. I'm particularly impressed by the
Amprolla infrastructure, not only because it works so well, but also
because it flies far above my head - as well as Debian packaging
technology :-)

     I had a look at the internet links suggested by your email above,
and I must confess I'm unable to figure out what Dyne:β×λ is about: the
documents are written in a language I don't understand.

     For example, as any person with some mathematical education, I have
an idea of what a vector is - something like an element of R^n, for a
vector of dimension n; also, as any educated person, I know the meaning
of the word "research". I also know the meaning of a vector in
programming technology; but I still don't know what a "research vector"
is. I'm also unsure what "small singularities" could be. My unability to
understand suggests me I might be facing a jargon I don't know. Some
sentences suggest it could be a jargon of semiology or sociology...
Maybe I imagine so just because I'm rather ignorant of these sciences.

     I would love if someone could translate this in a language for the
dummies and explain me what Dyne:β×λ is doing at all -)

     Didier