:: [DNG] trouble with wifi one step aw…
Author: Hendrik Boom
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] trouble with wifi one step away
I'm looking for ideas to solve this problem.

Something's wrong. When I an in myt regular coffee shop, my phone has
no trouble using the wifi, but my Devuan laptop cannot.

My laptop will connect to the coffee shop'w wifi modem, which has IP
number 172.16.0.1 and gives me IP number 182.16.0.194, but there seems
to be no route from it to anywhere, not even DNS lookup.

The /etc/resolv.conf file says that for DNS I should go to 172.16.0.1,
which is the local wifi modem.

I seem to be able to reach the local wifi modem, but it will ot
connect me further.

Why would my phone be able to commect but my computer not? This has
been consistent for a few weeks now.

-- hendrik