:: Re: [DNG] devuan-discuss is not use…
Author: KatolaZ
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] devuan-discuss is not useful, quite the opposite
On Sun, Nov 06, 2016 at 02:59:13PM +0100, Giovanni Rapagnani wrote:
> Hello everyone,

[cut]

> Based on the MLs description on [2], devuan-discuss is the primary ML for
> requesting help and discuss about Devuan. That is wrong! The fact is that
> DNG is the primary ML for such things.
>
> devuan-discuss is not useful and causing troubles: newcomers don't get help;
> community is splits into 2 groups; ML activity gives a bad perception about
> Devuan project activity.

Sorry, but I don't get your point. The request you are talking about
was posted to devuan-discuss after 21:00 (CEST) on Saturday 5th
November. It is now Sunday 6th November, 14:16 CEST, so 17 long
(weekend) hours have passed since that email appeared on
devuan-discuss. Believe it or not, people might actually have
something better (or simply different) to do during the week-end than
waiting in front of their email client to address problems found by
other users.

I understand nowadays this is hard to believe, but email is an
inherently *asynchronous* and *non-istantanoeus* communication
channel.

My2Cents

KatolaZ