:: Re: [DNG] On talk.do and Web forums
Author: hellekin
To: dng
New-Topics: [DNG] Discourse MIME messages (was Re: On talk.do and Web forums)
Subject: Re: [DNG] On talk.do and Web forums
On 09/28/2016 03:57 PM, Steve Litt wrote:

> For me, discourse is nothing but silliness. The discourse summary and
> discourse Digest emails I occasionally get are hard to read, boring,
> and appear to be HTML formatted. HTML formatted? Saaaay whaaaaat???

If they appear to be HTML formatted, you probably want to tell your MUA
to accept the prior text/plain version of the Multipart MIME message you
receive.

I looked at the source of some messages (both digest and individual) I
received from various Discourse instances, all *all* of them without
exception use multipart/alternative with the first part text/plain, and
the second part text/html, as it should be. Is your MUA broken, that it
imposes HTML on you?

==
hk

--
 _ _     We are free to share code and we code to share freedom
(_X_)yne Foundation, Free Culture Foundry * https://www.dyne.org/donate/