:: Re: [DNG] On talk.do and Web forums
Author: Rick Moen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] On talk.do and Web forums
Quoting Edward Bartolo (edbarx@???):

> My suggestion is to use phpbb3 which is in debian.org's repositories.
> There is no reason to use something else for a forum *assuming* Devuan
> is free to install what it sees fit on its servers.

To adapt an old advertising slogan, I'd walk a mile to avoid PHP.

PHP is a huge security attack surface with a small interpreted language
hiding somewhere inside it. ;->

P.S.: If you want to annoy Rasmus Lerdorf, whisper the words 'Personal
Home Page' to him. (He's reportedly a little touchy about PHP's genesis
and original name. I forgot to try the above the last time I met him,
but should have done so, in the name of science.)

(Seriously, though, I do like Rasmus.)