:: Re: [DNG] Openrc
Author: Fred DC
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Openrc
On 12/09/2016 10:32, Jaromil wrote:

> (the above space is left intentionally blank for conspiracy theorists)
>
> Openrc in Debian coul be labeled as a "self hating package",
> I recommend you compile from source until we provide an openrc
> package.

The same could be said regarding the 'runit-package'. I got bitten!
On Steve Litt's advice I compiled it now from source and I feel a lot
better now.

BTW, I left sysvinit-core as is - but I diverted some of the
sysvinit-scripts and replaced them with a home-grown stub which checks
what is running as Pid 1 (and a bit more) and based on the result it either
calls the diverted script or uses the "runit-speak". This way it does
not matter if during an debian-upgrade runit-init or sysv-init is Pid 1.

Regards

Fred