:: Re: [DNG] Which license for UMENU2?
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Which license for UMENU2?
On Wed, 24 Aug 2016 17:14:45 +0100
KatolaZ <katolaz@???> wrote:

> Yes, but with non-copyleft permissive licences nothing stops anybody
> (either a contributor or a user or a company) from taking your work,
> closing it, and redistributing it as proprietary software...

Until very recently, I didn't care if my work were used inside a
proprietary program. My main concern was that others could use, modify
and redistribute what I'd made. In the period 1999-2014, I had been
drifting steadily away from GPL/copyleft and more toward
Expat/permissive.

Then the systemd thing happened, and I stopped to think what Redhat
would have done had the Linux kernel been licensed Expat. That started
me once again strongly considering copyleft.

SteveT

Steve Litt
August 2016 featured book: Manager's Guide to Technical Troubleshooting
Brand new, second edition
http://www.troubleshooters.com/mgr