:: Re: [DNG] eudev [was: vdev]
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] eudev [was: vdev]
On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 21:47:41 -0400
Clarke Sideroad <clarke.sideroad@???> wrote:

> I think kdbus is dead due to the bad press, but I believe there is
> bus1 coming along to replace that.
> https://github.com/bus1/bus1
> http://www.bus1.org/
>
> Some familiar names, but possibly not directly part of systemd........
>
> Clarke

DANGER Will Robinson. From the COPYING document:

COPYRIGHT: (ordered alphabetically)
Copyright (C) 2014-2015 Red Hat, Inc.
AUTHORS: (ordered alphabetically)
David Herrmann <dh.herrmann@???>
Tom Gundersen <teg@???>

And from Wikipedia's systemd page:

Original author(s)
Lennart Poettering, Kay Sievers, Harald
Hoyer, Daniel Mack, Tom Gundersen and David Herrmann

These saboteurs just won't quit. It's our job to get out the word so
bus1 fares no better than kdbus, because Lennart bragged about his
plans when he gets the kernel to enforce use of systemd.

What is the best way of getting the word out?

SteveT

Steve Litt
August 2016 featured book: Manager's Guide to Technical Troubleshooting
Brand new, second edition
http://www.troubleshooters.com/mgr