:: Re: [DNG] eudev [was: vdev]
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] eudev [was: vdev]
On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 23:01:20 +0000 (UTC)
Go Linux <golinux@???> wrote:

> On Tue, 8/23/16, Steve Litt <slitt@???> wrote:

> >> I agree that relying on anything connected to udev will likely not
> >> be sustainable in the long term. I was reminded of this just
> >> today in a private discussion I'm having with someone over at
> >> FDN . . . yes, I still hang out there to advocate for non-systemd
> >> Linux. S/he posted this link which finally pushed them over the
> >> edge and away from the path that Debian has taken:
> >>
> >> https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2014-May/019657.html
> >>
> > By the way, when did Linux OK kdbus?
> >
> > SteveT

> I don't think they have. That was Lennart's wishful thinking.
> Wasn't it around that time that Kay Sievers tried and Linus boxed him
> hard upside the head and sent him packing?
>
> golinux

Yes, I soon after noticed that this was from 2014, before Linus read
them the rules of the road, so then I realized this is merely an
indication of their attitude and intentions rather than an imminent
existential threat.

Lennart really is in love with himself. I thought it was just a summer
thing.

SteveT

Steve Litt
August 2016 featured book: Manager's Guide to Technical Troubleshooting
Brand new, second edition
http://www.troubleshooters.com/mgr