:: Re: [DNG] vdev
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: richard lucassen
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] vdev
On Fri, 12 Aug 2016 08:08:42 -0500
Jim Murphy <srlinuxadmin@???> wrote:

> I'm not a dev and haven't done a lot of research on how things
> should work with multiple *dev(s). It would appear that there
> could be at least 2 or maybe 3 that will be part of devuan's
> offerings(udev, vdev and eudev). The above example script, and
> yes I know it is not finished or final, assumes there will be only
> 2(udev and vdev) and is part of vdev's post install. As debian
> appears to have only offered udev this is new ground being
> walking on.
>
> I was wondering shouldn't there be plans to allow for any number
> of *dev(s)? Again I'm not a dev. Looking at funtoo I noticed
> the current offerings are udev and eudev with eudev installing as
> default. Funtoo also has a package virtual/udev defined as
> "Virtual to select between different udev daemon providers".
> Should devuan also take a similar approach? Wouldn't this be
> better approach then having each *dev package do the switching?
> Also there is the issue of which init system has been installed and
> what commands are needed to stop/start daemons.
>
> FWIW, some random thoughts.

That's a good point. Devuan means "freedom of choice" and it would be
nice if a Devuan user could opt for udev, vdev or eudev (or even mdev)

But for the moment we have to create packages for vdev. I will test
eudev as well asap.

R.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak
aloud and remove all doubt.

| Richard Lucassen, Utrecht                                        |