:: Re: [DNG] vdev
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jim Murphy
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] vdev

------ Snipped (a lot) -----

-------- Snipped (a lot) -------

> Cheers,
>
> Aitor.

I'm not a dev and haven't done a lot of research on how things
should work with multiple *dev(s). It would appear that there
could be at least 2 or maybe 3 that will be part of devuan's
offerings(udev, vdev and eudev). The above example script, and
yes I know it is not finished or final, assumes there will be only
2(udev and vdev) and is part of vdev's post install. As debian
appears to have only offered udev this is new ground being
walking on.

I was wondering shouldn't there be plans to allow for any number
of *dev(s)? Again I'm not a dev. Looking at funtoo I noticed
the current offerings are udev and eudev with eudev installing as
default. Funtoo also has a package virtual/udev defined as
"Virtual to select between different udev daemon providers".
Should devuan also take a similar approach? Wouldn't this be
better approach then having each *dev package do the switching?
Also there is the issue of which init system has been installed and
what commands are needed to stop/start daemons.

FWIW, some random thoughts.

Jim