著者: Ralph Ronnquist
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] vdev
On 07/08/16 22:09, richard lucassen wrote:
> On Sat, 6 Aug 2016 10:15:59 +0200
> aitor_czr <aitor_czr@???> wrote:
>
>> As i announced yersterday in the IRC Channel, i just uploaded the
>> repository of gnuinos containing (in addition to linux-libre-4.6.2
>> and simple-netaid) the packages of vdev:
>>
>> deb http://packages.gnuinos.org/ jessie main
>> deb-src http://packages.gnuinos.org/ jessie main
>>
>> Linux-libre has been built using libudev-dev. Now, i'll try it again
>> using Jude Nelson's *libudev-compat* (which should be recalled to
>> libudev-compat-dev ?? ), instead of libudev-dev.
>>
>> I also should add the following line to debian/control:
>>
>> Provides: libudev-dev
>
> Great. I'll make an extra install of Jessie this week to test the
> packages (I run Ascii for the moment). Packaging is essential for
> testing vdev by many people.
>
> A mature Devuan absolutely needs a replacement for udev. It's essential
> IMHO. If Devuan stays with udev, it will be swallowed by systemd one
> day or another.
>
> R.

FWIW, I know very little about Devuan package building, so I jumped
straight to compiling the github source for vdev, and installing from
it. After just a couple of tweaks of the runtime and initramfs
configurations, I've made a successful replacement on a pristine Devuan
1.0.0 install, with the 3.16.0-4-amd64 kernel.

Of course I don't know anything about how complete it is in respect of
handling all sorts of devices.

Ralph.