著者: Steve Litt
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] vdev
On Sun, 7 Aug 2016 08:14:18 +0200
Didier Kryn <kryn@???> wrote:

>      We all miss Jude and a decisive contribution from his part to
> have a running Vdev on Devuan. It's more than 2 years since the
> inception of Vdev and more than one year since Jude has "almost
> finished" it. Yet we haven't a replacement for Udev, while it is more
> and more integrated to systemd. I see this as a major threat. I'm
> deceived that Skarnet hasn't written their own, because it's more
> critical than a supervisor.

It's also much harder to write than a supervisor. If I had a couple
months with nothing else to do, I could write a supervisor. I'd need
more than a year to write software that loads and maintains all
devices, and might not be able to do it at all.

Also, Skarnet is in the business of supervisors, that's what they do.
That's their core competency.

SteveT

Steve Litt
August 2016 featured book: Manager's Guide to Technical Troubleshooting
Brand new, second edition
http://www.troubleshooters.com/mgr