:: Re: [DNG] Politics of IT in the U.S…
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Brian Nash
Dátum:
Címzett: dng
Tárgy: Re: [DNG] Politics of IT in the U.S. government
On Thu, Aug 04, 2016 at 07:59:16PM -0400, Hendrik Boom wrote:
>That's exactly why I like Modula 3. You use structured code where
>that's good. You use objects and inheritance where that's good.
>You use interaes and modules where that's good. And all those are
>separate concepts that can be used independently. If you want an
>object to be an opaque module, you make a module and put the objec in
>it. And so forth. Except for its Pascal-like wordiness, it's great.

What about D? <https://dlang.org>

Apart from the fact that all the compilers are either Windows-oriented
or horribly out-of-date, and the actual implementation is a nightmare,
and it only allows inline assembly in x86, the core language seemed like
a good idea.

Seriously, if only the language didn't come with so much baggage, it
would probably be awesome.

( People tend to make rules for others and exceptions for themselves. )
        o   ^__^
                ||----w |
                ||     ||