:: Re: [DNG] Wordiness of code.
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Brian Nash
Dátum:
Címzett: dng
Tárgy: Re: [DNG] Wordiness of code.
On Sat, Aug 06, 2016 at 01:50:01PM +0100, ael wrote:
>On Sat, Aug 06, 2016 at 11:20:30AM +0200, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult wrote:
>>
>> NAK. I wouldn't count a language that uses whitepaces as
>> language constructsanything near 'readable'.
>
>FWIW, -1. I have exactly the opposite experience and thus view.
>I don't see the point of dogmatic statements without the underlying
>reasoning.

In makefiles, tabs have a special meaning, and it works well.

The problem lies in most editors (even vim and emacs) automatically
indenting the code.

If an editor wasn't created with a specific language in mind, it may
destroy important whitespace.

I usually use spaces for indentation, and my makefiles would often have
their tabs replaced with spaces. This was one of the reasons I switched
from Code::Blocks to vim.

Also, <http://compsoc.dur.ac.uk/whitespace/tutorial.html>.
I'm amazed this magnificent language has not been mentioned yet. ;)

( Shoot first and call whatever you hit the target. )
        o   ^__^
                ||----w |
                ||     ||