:: Re: [DNG] Oh, how I hate systemd
Author: Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Oh, how I hate systemd
On 04.08.2016 08:23, Edward Bartolo wrote:
> Rowland Penny wrote:
> <<
> A quick trawl of the internet led to an interesting fact, systemd now
> mounts /etc read-only and if /etc/resolv.conf doesn't exist, systemd
> creates a dangling symlink.

Wait a minute ... it explicitly mounts /etc/ ro ?
Seriously ?

So, anytime I'm going to change some config, I'll have to manually
remount it rw (or call some strange dbus service, of course) ?!

> Even MS Windows allowed modification of the registry using regedit.exe
> but SystemD developers decided on the preventive!

Oh, BTW, I wonder when they merge gconf into systemd and so make that
bad registry idea (which was one of the major reason of many people
switching to unix/linux) mandatory ...

> Making /etc, the equivalent of the Windows Registry in Linux, read
> only, renders system administrators powerless whatever their
> knowledge and experience.

Maybe that the actual purpose behind the whole project ...

--mtx