:: Re: [Libbitcoin] initial block down…
Author: Neill Miller
To: Eric Voskuil
CC: libbitcoin
Subject: Re: [Libbitcoin] initial block download
On Sat, Jul 30, 2016 at 02:24:53AM -0700, Eric Voskuil wrote:
> Version3 header first parallel initial block download is now restartable
> after a controlled shutdown. Also...
>
> So the < 1.0 hour goal has been achieved!

Great news and excellent progress!

> I am presently in the process of reintegrating post-initial block
> download chain and mempool management back into version3 for a release
> target in August.

I've spun up a new build this morning and sync'd from scratch, and
while it took longer than an hour (partially because that node is
connected to a shared VPN), it completed in ~5 hours, which is
impressive for the machine it's setup on. As a comparison, the most
recent v2 sync done a couple weeks ago on the same machine took closer
to 30 hours IIRC.

I'll try to get a better performance test going on a server that
should better handle it.

-Neill.