:: Re: [DNG] Ugly, ugly news
Author: Edward Bartolo
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Ugly, ugly news
History neatly provides some fine examples where the quest for
simplicity to explain the complex is a sure sign of human
achievement/intelligence.

I will mention only three such instances:
a) The quest among the world's best physicists to complete the
standard model which is a generalisation attempting to explain the
interactions between particles.

b) The quest to unify the forces of nature. Maxwell's equations are a
nice example that unify the magnetic force and the electrical force.

c) The De Broglie equation which he proposed for his PHD thesis. This
simple, yet powerful equation, unifies the particle's nature with the
particle's quantum mechanical wave nature.

Maybe we come from different worlds. I am one who is fascinated by
simplicity that successfully explains the more general and more
complex. Others may be fascinated by the details and their
inter-relationships.
--
Those who abuse me will be banned immediately from my email account.
Here, I am communicating with supposedly intelligent adults who are