:: Re: [DNG] Why Debian 8 Pinning is (…
トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: info at smallinnovations.nl
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] Why Debian 8 Pinning is (or isn't) pointless
On 29-07-16 01:43, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting info at smallinnovations.nl (info@???):
>
>> I am a sysadmin myself and why in hell would i like to rebuild local
>> packages?
> One of my worst and most annoying habits is to give reasoned and useful
> answers to rhetorical questions.

Hardly, you act like a troll quite a long time now.
>    So:

> You might decide to rebuild a local package lacking a dependency on
> libsystemd0 if you feel a need for it and what you want isn't available
> in any even-easier fashion.
>

>> I simply want a distro without systemd.
> But wanting it doesn't _get_ you that -- NOR does it get you a system
> without libsystemd0, either. Thus my point.

There are more distros then Debian as you well know.

>> When i cannot get one i will start pinning or rebuild local packages
>> but not one moment earlier.
> Great, so answer me a question: How are you getting a system without
> libsystemd0 today?

Waiting for Devuan or using something else then Linux as i told in the
part of my message you did not quote.

> To my knowledge, you would need to follow one of the suggestions
> currently included on my OpenRC Conversion page's list of 'overcoming
> dependency obstacles' tips, which are (a) equivs, (b) find a third-party
> repo with a rebuilt (or differently built) package, (c) wait for Devuan
> to produce one, (d) rebuild the package locally, or (e) construct a deb
> package using the upstream source tarball using debhelper. (I also
> mentioned on this mailing list the creative idea of overwriting the
> problematic library with a nearly null-function one, to fool apps
> claimed to merely see if a library can be opened without being
> particular about what's in it.)
>
> Is there an additional way of achieving that result today? Or are you
> merely saying you really, really, really want one?
>
> You 'cannot get one' today for a number of packages including (according
> to one poster here) ClamAV. So, how are you achieving it _today_, sir?
>

> If you can suggest an additional method, I'll be glad to amend my list
> of suggestions. Otherwise, I'm not sure what your point is.

Your point is quite clear: you do not want a fork of debian and that is
the whole point of you being vocal on this list is it not? I suppose you
are quite good in Debian politics.

Adding you to my blacklist now.