著者: Rick Moen
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] Why Debian 8 Pinning is (or isn't) pointless
Quoting info at smallinnovations.nl (info@???):

> I am a sysadmin myself and why in hell would i like to rebuild local
> packages?

One of my worst and most annoying habits is to give reasoned and useful
answers to rhetorical questions. So:

You might decide to rebuild a local package lacking a dependency on
libsystemd0 if you feel a need for it and what you want isn't available
in any even-easier fashion.

> I simply want a distro without systemd.

But wanting it doesn't _get_ you that -- NOR does it get you a system
without libsystemd0, either. Thus my point.

> When i cannot get one i will start pinning or rebuild local packages
> but not one moment earlier.

Great, so answer me a question: How are you getting a system without
libsystemd0 today?

To my knowledge, you would need to follow one of the suggestions
currently included on my OpenRC Conversion page's list of 'overcoming
dependency obstacles' tips, which are (a) equivs, (b) find a third-party
repo with a rebuilt (or differently built) package, (c) wait for Devuan
to produce one, (d) rebuild the package locally, or (e) construct a deb
package using the upstream source tarball using debhelper. (I also
mentioned on this mailing list the creative idea of overwriting the
problematic library with a nearly null-function one, to fool apps
claimed to merely see if a library can be opened without being
particular about what's in it.)

Is there an additional way of achieving that result today? Or are you
merely saying you really, really, really want one?

You 'cannot get one' today for a number of packages including (according
to one poster here) ClamAV. So, how are you achieving it _today_, sir?

If you can suggest an additional method, I'll be glad to amend my list
of suggestions. Otherwise, I'm not sure what your point is.