:: Re: [DNG] Ugly, ugly news
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Ugly, ugly news
On Thu, 28 Jul 2016 11:37:48 -0700
Rick Moen <rick@???> wrote:

> Thus, I'm rather surprised that some members (and ejected ex-members,
> like Steve Litt) of debian-users seriously expected protracted
> lobbying by them as non-members of the project was any sort of
> pragmatic plan.

When I was excommunicated in late October 2014, I'd been in the Debian
world for 10 months. I had no idea what the modern Debian project was
like, my opinions of Debian were formed in the 20th century. Debian
changed.

Nevertheless, I think our "protracted lobbying" (which is a very nice
way to characterize it) caused Ian Jackson to issue the GR. Had we won
that GR, we'd be in a very different world. We came close, our efforts
were repelled, we made our own plans.

SteveT

Steve Litt
July 2016 featured book: Troubleshooting Techniques
     of the Successful Technologist