:: Re: [DNG] Why Debian 8 Pinning is (…
Author: info at smallinnovations.nl
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Why Debian 8 Pinning is (or isn't) pointless
On 28-07-16 11:33, Rick Moen wrote:

> 'Building custom packages' is a rather inventively melodramatic
> exaggeration of auto-rebuilding a .deb with one spurious lib dependency
> disabled, and the 'live grenade' imagery in that specific context is
> patently ridiculous.
>
> But hey, if you'd rather sit on your tochis and wait for someone else to
> do it for you, I'll not deter you.

I am a sysadmin myself and why in hell would i like to rebuild local
packages? I simply want a distro without systemd.

When i cannot get one i will start pinning or rebuild local packages but
not one moment earlier. And I am quite comfortable with one of the BSD's
too so it will take a very long time before that to happen.

Grtz.

Nick