:: Re: [DNG] Why Debian 8 Pinning is (…
Author: Simon Walter
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Why Debian 8 Pinning is (or isn't) pointless
On 07/28/2016 05:50 PM, Simon Hobson wrote:
> but personally I consider it unethical to leave booby traps in systems for anyone that comes along to manage it after me.

> That, for the most part, is why I've gone to great lengths to only

use distro packaged software on the systems - even when it would have
been easier at times (thinking more about CGI stuff rather than compiled
programs) to grab the upstream and manually install it.

Good man!

Some of the best paying (read: stressful) jobs I've done were figuring
out some custom system and port it over to something
standard/out-of-the-box/maintainable.

Simon