:: Re: [DNG] Ugly, ugly news
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Simon Walter
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Ugly, ugly news
On 07/26/2016 06:09 PM, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Simon Walter (simon@???):
>
>> Did the Debian leadership do a poll to find out what their users
>> wanted and who were their typical users?
>
> To the based of my recollection, no.
>
> To be clear, in the blog passage you quoted, Simon Richter (whoever _he_
> is) _didn't assert_ that Debian Project's decision to use systemd as
> default init for new installs of Debian 8 'Jessie' was based on any
> belief that it 'is good for the vast majority of users'.

He says:

"I fully support Debian's decision to use systemd as the default init
for new installs, because it makes sense to use the default that is good
for the vast majority of users."

Throughout the text, his prose is thoughtful and seemingly unbiased. So
I thought that maybe there was some such discussion among Debian leadership.

I had read in other places what you summarized. I don't like to blame
people even in my mind. Now I feel comfortable knowing that I am not
just looking at the situation with colored glasses. So thank you for
confirming all that.

Cheers,

Simon