:: Re: [DNG] Larcenous mail threads.
Author: Edward Bartolo
To: Simon Walter
CC: dng
New-Topics: [DNG] ..rubber duck party convention, was: Larcenous mail threads.
Subject: Re: [DNG] Larcenous mail threads.
Hi,

Simon Walker wrote:
<<
Edward, you need to read a 101 computing book or a take primer in CS -
and have some patience. It takes time to learn something. Don't
expect so much from yourself.

Do you realise you are not talking to a child? "101 computing" is
aimed for children.

<<
Put down those programming tools until you understand how a computer works.

What do you mean by that? Are you addressing a computer hardware
engineering student?

<<
Can you explain how a computer works to a child or perhaps a rubber duck?

You place a child at the same level as a rubber duck?! A child can
understand provided any concepts used are within his/her mental age.

Bring me a child whose mental ability is within the norm and we will
see whether I can explain to him/her how a computer works. Although it
should be unnecessary to state the obvious, a child cannot understand
any concepts that are beyond his mental age.

Edward