:: Re: [devuan-dev] Is debianfork.org …
Author: Jaromil
To: Benda Xu
CC: Ivan, devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Is debianfork.org page a joke?

hi Benda,

On Sat, 16 Jul 2016, Benda Xu wrote:

> Not really. Thomas is enthusiastic about his ideas and he work hard on
> them. He has my respect.

ok, I guess we just started on the wrong foot then.

I'm not going to play any further drama

> I have a picture for us to move forward together. From another email of
> yours:
>
> > we are contemplating an upgrade, perhaps to OpenRC, for ascii
> > (testing)
>
> > we have studied your package for Debian and decided to rewrite it. so
> > please if you keep this tone of debate consider we do not need any
> > further interaction.
>
> At the moment we removed almost all the OpenRC native scripts from the
> Debian openrc package. I am think of splitting them off a new package
> called openrc-initscripts as a replacement to initscripts, so that our
> uses can choose between them. A pure OpenRC is installed with the
> combination of openrc + openrc-initscripts.
>
> If that's looks good, we can combine our efforts to maintain a single
> openrc package for both Debian and Devuan.

It sounds pretty good thinking of last time I've talk about this to Ivan

however he really should respond on this since he's our openrc
maintainer

please consider we have other priorities at the moment (aka paid jobs)
and this will be sort of low priority, but we are starting a bit in
advance lets say.

and many thanks for your coolness
ciao