:: Re: [DNG] [Kali Linux 0003165]: Fin…
Author: dev
To: Simon Walter, dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] [Kali Linux 0003165]: Find a way to disable most services by default with systemd

On 07/12/2016 06:07 PM, Simon Walter wrote:
> On 07/12/2016 08:45 PM, vmlinux wrote:

>> don't need Kali. most network problems can be resolved with the basics
>> anyway: arping, arp, tcpdump, nslookup, traceroute, netcat, and
>> iptraf. thankfully all standard tools.
>>

> Problems, yes sure. What about attacking your network AKA pen testing.

Does Metasploit require something specific to Kali in order to run it?
As far as I know, Kali is just a collection of tools on a convenient
disk. Why they need to insist on a systemd based distro boggles my mind
in the same way that systemd boggles my mind. It's senseless, pointless
and overly complex.

As long as I'm on a rant, the same goes for Security Onion. They have a
collection of good IDS tools, but they insist on a desktop GUI to be
installed along with all the senseless, pointless and overly complex
packages that I would simply never install on a box performing security
tasks. Why these devs do these things is beyond reason.