:: Re: [DNG] [Kali Linux 0003165]: Fin…
Author: fsmithred
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] [Kali Linux 0003165]: Find a way to disable most services by default with systemd
On 07/12/2016 07:07 PM, Simon Walter wrote:

> Though I agree that the point and "grunt" style is a bit useless. Which is
> why I wondered why Kali had a full blown GNOME. What about XFCE or
> openbox? Something minimal please.

I took a look at it, too, and I was surprised it was such a resource hog.
I couldn't even stand to use it, running the iso in virtualbox, so I
installed it, booted to single-user mode, changed sources to devuan ascii,
installed sysvinit-core, removed gdm3, rebooted, apt-get update and
apt-get upgrade, apt-get dist-upgrade, removed systemd and as much gnome
stuff as I could, and then added xfce4.

It works. I have no idea what's broken, but the basic process works.
Kaliascii.

-fsr