:: Re: [DNG] polkit - which one?
Author: Didier Kryn
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] polkit - which one?
Le 02/07/2016 08:15, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult a écrit :
> On 02.07.2016 08:11, Didier Kryn wrote:
>
>>      That would just be great if upstream is smart enough to preserve
>> this possibility. The external helper is the easy thing (I've my own
>> ready :-) ) The difficulty for me is packaging.
> We could just maintain our own patches for that ... should be pretty
> simple w/ git.

> My notebook is still on Trusty, so I'll maintain it for Trusty.
> (the difference should be minimal).
>
>> The external helper is the easy thing (I've my own
>> ready :-) ) The difficulty for me is packaging.
> Maybe you could just put it into a tiny source package (w/ trivial
> Makefile). I'd then catch up and add debian build rules and start
> patching consumer packages.

     It's a simple wrapper meant to be called in place of pkexec, it
passes the request to udevil if the command is mount or umount,
otherwise it passes it to sudo. I didn't check it with udevil because
Thunar doesn't invoke pkexec for mount/umount, but it works fine with
sudo, using zenity as dialog to enter the password. Actually I could try
to mount/umount with it from the command-line; I didn't think of it
because it wasn't the goal; actually I even forgot to read the man of
udevil - shame on me! I posted the source on the list yesterday or the
day before.

     Didier