:: Re: [DNG] Mini init script written …
Author: Hendrik Boom
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Mini init script written in Perl boots.
On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 04:55:40PM +0200, Irrwahn wrote:

> It's this arrogant attitude of "alright, got it, easy enough,
> now I'm gonna improve on it" without bothering to actually
> get to the bottom of even the basic concepts behind it, that
> brought us systemd and other crap. If you keep this up you are
> condemned to reinvent SysV-init (or OpenRC, or whatever), poorly.

I think Edward has already accepted that this is more or less a toy
system that does some of the functions of a full-function init system.

The way he differs from the systemd cabal is that he
keeps it simple, perhaps too simple. systemd does the opposite.

Doesn't he even present his simple systems here in order to find out
what kinds of things need to be added?

Ad hominem attecks considered impolite.

-- hendrik