:: Re: [DNG] Devuan migrate and instal…
Author: KatolaZ
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Devuan migrate and install
On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 06:13:59PM +0200, richard lucassen wrote:

[cut]

> Anyway, Debian has such an option and I think it would be very valuable
> if such an initrd.gz/vmlinuz would be available from the Devuan
> mirrors. This will make Devuan being available through many PXE boot
> servers accross the planet.
>
> That said, I think it should be part of the Devuan distribution. Each
> time a new version sees the light, the appropiate vmliz/initrd.gz pairs
> should be generated for each available cpu.

I believe that having a netboot option in Devuan is very important,
and it would not require much effort, indeed. In the past I have used
PXE boot many times to install Debian on headless servers (I still
have dhcp and tftp configured for that in my laptop), and it always
worked like a charm. We definitely ought have that option, despite
real metal servers will unavoidably become an even smaller minority in
the server landscape :)

My2Cents

KatolaZ