:: Re: [unSYSTEM] The day the Hacker C…
Author: Jaromil
To: System undo crew
Subject: Re: [unSYSTEM] The day the Hacker Community Died

dears,

I refrain from all instances on this discussion, as I think there are
people that are way more affected and involved that need to speak out,
that have untold things to say, that have more elements to say wise
things. however I will just share with you my naive generic reflection
here, from my own lucky position of coding away every day of my life
and still having the privilege of loving relationships all around me
from people who are not all the time about what I'm doing in a screen
(and that's why I do not go to every single hacker event that comes by
all the time, or invest all my private life into this scene)

On Fri, 17 Jun 2016, Caleb James DeLisle wrote:

> To everyone: I know there has been a systematic coverup but I don't
> have the information of what was said and by whom. What I would like
> more than anything is to be able to show that Jake was not a "lone
> wolf" so that the community can finally face the mess it has become.

Yes. I believe you are right and also Cristina.

I also believe Jake is playing a perfect scape goat role in this.

and I invite you to not fall in this trap. its not one bad
apple. actually, he may be not bad at all as far as my limited but age
long knowledge of him goes. believe me: I'd certainly have had no
problems in speaking out if I'd knew anything like that. But then I'm
also stupid enough to not understand everything now.

What I know is that we are not living on a different planet as all the
rest of the world. the world at large is full of prevarications, of
arrogance, of power games against sensitive people and against the
strong agents of change like for instance Assange. meanwhile it seems
that to be a "winner" one must be first at all times, making your way
forward with elbows in the ribs of others, to conquer all attention,
to be a rockstar at all costs. many fall victim to this deception,
that we are not here to listen to each other, but to "finally speak
the truth".

this is not just about sexuality. for sure the history of the feminist
movement has a lot to teach us on these regards. We are living in this
world and there is no society that can be exempt from these
dynamics. we are all involved, in different degrees, everyone
is. Noone is pure.

therefore I don't believe the hacker societies at large are to be
deemed as a particular snakepit. Is the world we live in, that is full
of different poisons. Now we are better only if we manage to talk
about this without aggressing further each other. The journey is long
and just like for every other society is a steep road to freedom, self
determination and respect

And power corrupts, in any case. there was never a time in which so
much power was in the hands of hackers. it is actually a decaying
power, as most of it is being consumed in the act of representation,
rathern than making. that's decadence. so we are in a dangerous zone
of our history and we better cultivate our spirit, our diversity, keep
improving, keep listening. And avoid seeing a conspiracy just
everywhere, consider what is the role of mere individuals and that of
collectives. help each other understand mistakes, learn to heal each
other and be humble.

we have the same vulnerabilities as any other society. we may be
good enough to fix some and be able to share what we learn from such a
process. And finally, it takes no heroes to do that.

in solidarity