:: Re: [DNG] Dng Digest, Vol 20, Issue…
Author: emninger
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Dng Digest, Vol 20, Issue 159
Am Tue, 31 May 2016 21:45:52 +0000
schrieb Jaromil <jaromil@???>:

[ . . . ]

> yes we share the space on git.devuan.org
>
> from there code can go to jenkins builds and repository
> here a sketch
> https://devuan.org/os/press/devuan-ci-graph.png
>
> so be welcome to create a user on the gitlab and push there your
> repositories. when you tried them locally and you think they are
> ready, we can see how to push a build, then we'll need Daniel to help
> with that. and some patience and good faith.

[ . . . ]

Thanks for that infos. I'm a simple (and somehow stupid) user compared
to most of you. So please forgive, if i am unprecise. And i am well
aware of the fact, that desktops are not the main target here ;) I
have that jwm desktop on *MY* devuan jessie installation up and running
smooth and fine, with a really very small footprint. And, imho, pretty
eye candy too (but that's about tastes, i know ;) ).

But to have that, i put together some tools, scripts and knowledge from
crunchbang and manjaro openrc. Those tools are not available in the
"regular" repositories, may be yet ... (?) But when it comes to be
able to make with good reasons the proposal to have, in the installer a
desktop option "JWM", at least some of that tools should be pulled into
the installation by the installer. I think it's not that
userfriendly to point her/him to: (only as an example) get this or that
from soureforge.net or from the arch wiki repositories and so on. At
least the skeleton of the desktop should be there after the
installation.

And then, could a user, if (s)he wants, add those to her/his sources
list?

Just as an example: There is a small tool, a python script, called
xdgmenumaker (made by gapan and available on github as well as in the
slackbuilds) which makes a menu for jwm, fluxbox, pekwm, openbox & cie.
on the fly, takes care automatically of any changement you do
(add/remove etc.) and it works like swiss watch. But it's not available
through the repositories. Having it, makes the configuration of a menu
for jwm a joke.

Ok, that's it. I thank you for your patience in any case and i'll try
to do my best ;)