:: Re: [DNG] Could not resolve 'mirror…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jaromil
To: fsmithred
CC: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] Could not resolve 'mirror.cc.columbia.edu'
On Mon, 02 May 2016, fsmithred wrote:

> I've been having trouble installing beta due to packages not
> downloading. This was with the netinstall, the CD and the
> DVD. Tonight, I couldn't do a debootstrap install because some
> packages wouldn't download. Also can't do update/upgrade of existing
> installation for same reason.

> This error has come up a few times:
> Could not resolve 'mirror.cc.columbia.edu'

> I tried changing sources.list to packages.devuan.org, but I still
> get the same error. Is there another address for a repo I can use
> that won't try to resolve to columbia.edu?

while this may have been a problem of your network setup, it is true
that hickups may be experienced from time to time. We are monitoring
them and it seems they are due to the httpredir.debian.org hop that
amprolla does when packages are not into the devuan repo.

nextime is working on a solution for this, but meanwhile re-trying
mostly leads to the solution of the problem, since httpredir will
rotate to another mirror.

still I believe your problem here is due to dns configuration on your
side, since the mirror in question seems to resolve and work

ciao!