:: Re: [DNG] Which desktops work witho…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Steve Litt
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Which desktops work without systemd
On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 09:55:37 -0400 (EDT)
Rob Owens <rowens@???> wrote:

> [...]

I'd answer those questions with another question: Should automounting
be a part of the GUI system or user interface at all?

I can see situations where you might want automounting when working
with a virtual terminal and no X at all.

A few months ago I posted a partial solution based on inotifywait, and
fsmithred has a better version in Refracta.

Below is a partial list of things I believe should have nothing to do
with the user interface and especially not the GUI interface:

* Automounting
* Network/Wifi handling
* Device recognition

I think with Edward's program, inotifywait based automounters, and
vdev, Devuan's putting these things where they belong.

SteveT

Steve Litt
April 2016 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21