:: Re: [DNG] Which desktops work witho…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: fsmithred
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Which desktops work without systemd
On 04/25/2016 09:55 AM, Rob Owens wrote:
> [...]

You need to have gvfs installed if you want an icon to pop up on the
desktop when you plug in a usb drive. You can have xfce without gvfs. I'm
not sure about the other desktops.

> 2)  Do music players (like Rhythmbox, Guayadeque, Quodlibet) properly
>     recognize a usb stick as removable media which they can copy/transcode
>     files to?

I think they just recognize whatever filesystems are mounted. Not sure
what they use to recognize an audio CD.

> I ask because I had trouble with that sort of thing in the past, when using
> Debian Jessie without systemd.
>
> -Rob

gvfs (or gvfs-daemons) requires libsystemd0. If you were keeping that out,
that would account for trouble with automounting usb.

-fsr