:: Re: [DNG] What do we want for ascii…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Steve Litt
To: dng
Neue Treads: [DNG] asteroids and release names.
Betreff: Re: [DNG] What do we want for ascii ?
On Mon, 18 Apr 2016 10:13:13 +0000
Noel Torres <envite@???> wrote:

> My Excel macros are a bit slow today (Yes, I said Excel, I use that
> at work) so I started wondering...
>
> What do we (the DNG people) want for ascii ?
>
> My list starts as this:
> * full init freedom, that is, all init methods being equally
> supported (sysv, upstart, systemd) and nothing depending on any of
> them.
> * our own bug reporting system
> * a method for dividing Devuan in "cases" or "eggs" that do not
> interfere with each other. E.g. the KDE egg, the LibreOffice egg,
> the multimedia egg... maybe tasks with steroids?
> * a rock-solid server platform for all architectures
> * a sufficiently solid desktop and laptop platform for most usual
> architectures
> * Long Term Support for server whit a method for fast updating
> certain packages (like virus lists)
>
> What do YOU want for ascii ?

I must have missed a step. Ascii is an 7 bit character encoding code
where space is decimal 32, and tilde is decimal 126, 10 is Linefeed, 13
is Carriage Return, 48 is 0, 65 is A, and 97 is a. How do all your
bullet points relate to such a code?

SteveT

Steve Litt
April 2016 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21