:: Re: [devuan-dev] mask out libsystem…
Author: Daniel Reurich
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] mask out libsystemd0 and all systemd from amprolla
On 10/04/16 03:07, Jaromil wrote:

> dear devs 1st and foremost I wish you a great weekend!
>
> hereby I'm proposing to move forward with the BETA plan and starting
> ASAP on this weekend or on monday to mask OUT from all repositories
> the systemd packages, including libsystemd0

I disagree. Removing libsystemd0 will produce breakage at an
unacceptable level. We need to fix the existing packages that depend on
it. Currently that is around 5o packages.

> this may break things, but then we need to see them to have them fixed

We can see them with "apt-rdepends -r -d libsystemd0 | grep libsystemd0"

currently there are 52 if you discount the systemd parts that depend on it.

> plus I saw myself, as reported from others too, that removing
> libsystemd0 actually FIXES the problem of shutdown from desktop (which
> doesn't happens when that is around, go figure what is the mess they
> are doing with policykit and the rest.. which now uses.. javascript?!)
>
> so well, lets get rid of it and get over it ;^) what do you think?

I think it's a premature move for libsystemd0, but for the others I agree.