:: Re: [devuan-dev] mask out libsystem…
Author: Jaromil
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] mask out libsystemd0 and all systemd from amprolla
On Sun, 10 Apr 2016, Franco Lanza wrote:

> I don't agree.
> removing libsystemd0 right now can lead to a lot of breaking expecially
> in complex server scenarios, our first objective, other than cleaning
> the system, should remain stability.

ok, but can we proceed removing systemd and systemd-sysv now?

we are rolling out beta phase this week.

> I opposite propose to fork libsystemd0 and, in any way, make it useful
> for us to compile a list of packages that needs to be cleaned up, maybe
> just by logging on syslog ( on a dedicated file? ) which program call
> anything from libsystemd and asking users to send us those files?
>
> This way we can proceed to remove gradually any systemd reference
> without breaking things for users.

ok, this is a good idea for a general way to proceed phasing out
libsystemd0. once the package analysis software hellekin is coding is
ready then we'll be able to make a roadmap with more detail.

meanwhile please phase out the other packages, this is important.

ciao!