:: Re: [devuan-dev] stop overlaying -d…
Author: Daniel Reurich
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] stop overlaying -dmo
On 08/04/16 04:50, Jaromil wrote:

> dears,
>
> I have problems with the amprolla overlay of debian multimedia. here in brief:
>
>  sudo apt install libavcodec-dev
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> or been moved out of Incoming.

>  libavcodec-dev : Depends: libavcodec56 (<= 6:11.6-99) but 10:2.6.5-dmo1 is to be installed or
>                            libavcodec-extra-56 (<= 6:11.6-99) but it is not going to be installed
>                   Depends: libavutil-dev (= 6:11.6-1~deb8u1) but it is not going to be installed
>                   Depends: libavresample-dev (= 6:11.6-1~deb8u1) but it is not going to be installed

> I believe this problem is caused by the fact we overlay
> debian-multimedia. In general this approach is not transparent and
> adds a complexity in package dependencies which I don't really know
> how to handle.

That's odd. We stopped overlaying dmo months ago. Did you do an apt-get
update first??

I suspect you have something else from -dmo that is installed and
depends on libav* from -dmo.

try doing a "dpkg -l | grep \\-dmo" to find them all.

> OTOH I did start to fix some multimedia tools in Debian, which is
> rather trivial, for instance ffmpeg https://git.devuan.org/devuan-packages/ffmpeg

great.

> Can we agree at least for beta to remove the overlay to
> debian-multimedia? this will help understand what is really missing
> and what is really happening. In the current situation I'm confused
> about what is exactly causing the problem, but I suspect that is the
> overlay.

I checked the packages in jessie/main and -dmo packages are not present

--
Daniel Reurich
Centurion Computer Technology (2005) Ltd.