:: [devuan-dev] stop overlaying -dmo
Author: Jaromil
To: devuan-dev
Subject: [devuan-dev] stop overlaying -dmo

dears,

I have problems with the amprolla overlay of debian multimedia. here in brief:

 sudo apt install libavcodec-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

 libavcodec-dev : Depends: libavcodec56 (<= 6:11.6-99) but 10:2.6.5-dmo1 is to be installed or
                           libavcodec-extra-56 (<= 6:11.6-99) but it is not going to be installed
                  Depends: libavutil-dev (= 6:11.6-1~deb8u1) but it is not going to be installed
                  Depends: libavresample-dev (= 6:11.6-1~deb8u1) but it is not going to be installed

I believe this problem is caused by the fact we overlay
debian-multimedia. In general this approach is not transparent and
adds a complexity in package dependencies which I don't really know
how to handle.

OTOH I did start to fix some multimedia tools in Debian, which is
rather trivial, for instance ffmpeg https://git.devuan.org/devuan-packages/ffmpeg

Can we agree at least for beta to remove the overlay to
debian-multimedia? this will help understand what is really missing
and what is really happening. In the current situation I'm confused
about what is exactly causing the problem, but I suspect that is the
overlay.

thanks

ciao!