:: Re: [DNG] audio died again AND GOT …
Author: Hendrik Boom
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] audio died again AND GOT RESURRECTED.
On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 12:42:11AM +0000, Go Linux wrote:
> On Tue, 3/22/16, Hendrik Boom <hendrik@???> wrote:
> Subject: Re: [DNG] audio died again AND GOT RESURRECTED.
> To: "Joel Roth" <joelz@???>, dng@???
> Date: Tuesday, March 22, 2016, 6:14 PM
>
> On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 12:57:02PM
> -1000, Joel Roth wrote:
> >> Hi Hendrik,
> >>
> >> It's worth verifying that you don't have pulse audio
> >> installed.
> >>
> >> dpkg -l pulseaudio
> >>

> > That was enough.  I ued aptitude to remove it, and it
> > also took out
> > pulseaudio-module-x11.
> >
> > Oh, I did an
> >
> >     alsactl init
> >
> > afterward just in case alsa needed initialization.
> >
> > Now it works nicely.

> Here's hoping that the beta will NOT install pulseaudio by default. Pretty please?
>
> golinux

Assuming pulseaudio was the culprit (which seems likely) it probably
was *not* installed when I installed alpha 2. It must have been
entrained with something I installed later, but I can't tell what.
Aptitude didn't want to delete anything much as a result of deleting
pulseaudio, n=so I can't tell what seemed to need it. Maybe it was a
spurious dependency that was later corrected?

-- hendrik