:: Re: [DNG] Devuan Rpi2 Lxde
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Daniel Reurich
A: dng@lists.dyne.org
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Devuan Rpi2 Lxde
On 13/03/16 09:28, KatolaZ wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 12, 2016 at 07:54:19PM +0100, Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
>

> [cut]
>

>>> I haven't said I gave up on the rpi0/1 port of Devuan. I have said
>>> that it would be difficult to maintain it, if we ever get to put it in
>>> place.
>>
>> I might miss the whole point of this discussion, but I have a RPi 1 A + fvwm + devuan running without any problem. But it started with the "official" wheezy raspbian image ...
>>

> Now I am the one who has missed the whole point then, since the armhf
> packages of Devuan should not run on the arm6 you have on the rpi1.

that's incorrect, armhf is arm7 abi with vector floating point support.

rpi1 and rpi0 both use the same chip which is armv6 abi but with a
floating point unit

armel is armv6 with out the floating point support.

> I tried myself with the rpi0 (see the initial thread, a few weeks
> ago), dist-upgraded a raspbian to Devuan Jessie and got plenty of
> SIGILL (Illegal instruction), which made the system unusable after the
> dist-upgrade. I tried the procedure twice, with identical results.

Yup, it would have worked with armel though but slow for the devuan
pacakges.

> To the best of my knowledge, the rpi0 should be identical to the rpi1,
> except from the form factor, so there should be something wrong
> somewhere, but I can't see neither what nor where it is....

yup.

--
Daniel Reurich
Centurion Computer Technology (2005) Ltd.