:: Re: [DNG] Devuan Rpi2 Lxde
Pàgina inicial
Autor: KatolaZ
A: Daniel Reurich
CC: dng@lists.dyne.org
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Devuan Rpi2 Lxde
On Sun, Mar 13, 2016 at 02:41:28PM +1300, Daniel Reurich wrote:

[cut]

> rpi1 and rpi0 both use the same chip which is armv6 abi but with a
> floating point unit
>
> armel is armv6 with out the floating point support.

I know that armel should work, but the problem is that raspbian calls
"armhf" a port that is compiled for arm6+FP2 (which is not a full
FPU), while the "standard" armhf in Debian/Devuan is compiled for
arm7, which instead includes a fully functional FPU by default.

This means that when I pull packages from the Devuan repo on an rpi0
with Raspbian, apt looks for armhf packages but gets arm7 packages
instead of the arm6+FP2 it would expect. And you get plenty of
SIGILL. And your system is unusable. And you are back to square one.

Then I built a toolchain to arm6+FP2, which works, and cross-compiled
a few things (basically, almost all the packages of a minimal system)
which run smoothly on the rpi0. I haven't had time to provide a
functioning image, but that is my goal (see previous emails). I
believe that we should put energy on such port once Jessie is out,
though.

My2Cents

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]