:: Re: [DNG] Is Devuan Jessie secure e…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Steve Litt
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Is Devuan Jessie secure enough?
On Mon, 7 Mar 2016 18:09:03 +0100
Edward Bartolo <edbarx@???> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As I am slowly converting my installation into Devuan, I would like to
> ask what others use to access their bank accounts, to pay bills only
> and other money related activities.
>
> Until now I have used Debian Wheezy. Is DEVUAN secure enough for
> financial transactions? If Devuan has adequate security I can start
> using it to pay my bills online and to make my occasional purchase
> online.
>
> Edward

One man's opinion: *NO* computer is secure enough for an individual's
banking or investments.

I've never made a bank account or investment account available via the
web in my life. People used to laugh at me and call me a greybeard.
Then Heartbleed happened, and they pretty much shut up after that.

As far as paying bills online using your credit card number, I think
good personal hygiene like always making sure it's https and not
clicking on links from unknown senders makes more of a difference than
the exact distro you're using.

SteveT

Steve Litt
March 2016 featured book: Quit Joblessness: Start Your Own Business
http://www.troubleshooters.com/startbiz